The Renfrew County Healthy Communities Partnership (HCP) is a growing collaborative made up of multi sector stakeholders committed to improving the quality of life, health and well-being of our communities and residents. We focus on the development of healthy policy and co-ordinated community efforts that positively address the physical, mental, social, environmental and economic health of our communities and community members.
Policy development to support physical activity and access to healthy eating is supported with funding from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. We launched the HCP with the development of an initial Renfrew County Community Picture in 2012, setting the stage for a multi-sector collaborative. We are currently focusing on the following priorities:
• Development of a shared measurement tool - Renfrew County Community Study
• Increased access to healthy food - Renfrew County Food System
• Active Transportation
• Access to Physical Activity
We are working on these priorities through a commitment to community engagement, increased access to supportive natural and built environments, health equity and improved quality of life for everyone in Renfrew County.
Building on our Community Picture, we are working to further understand how the Social and Environmental Determinants of Health are shaping our local statistics. Effective communication, co-ordination and action are directly contributing to this collaboration. Our community picture highlights our strengths, successes and challenges, guiding our planning and co-ordinated efforts to:
• implement a collective strategy and action plan based on identified priorities
• increased public awareness and capacity for positive change
• healthy policy development - a 'health in all policies' approach
• co-ordinate planning and action
• Renfrew County Community Study - a project designed to share local data and understand local needs.
Please let us know if you would like to be more involved in the development of our Renfrew County Community Study as it evolves into an invaluable community tool for all sectors. Look at the Healthy Community menu for more information on our collective impact model and community engagement opportunities.
Use the comments form below to share what Healthy Community means to you and/or your organization.